PJC Consultancy has experienced ecological consultants who can undertake habitat creation, including BAP habitats, as well as the enhancement of existing habitats and landscapes.
- Habitat creation and habitat enhancement including, but not limited to, tree planting, hedgerow establishment and pond and swale creation
- Woodland management, including pollarding and coppicing
- Hibernacula creation and habitat piles
- Wildflower meadow creation
- Sensitive vegetation clearance
- Weed control
- Invasive species management and control
- Soil de-compaction
Following habitat creation we can create management plans for areas of land that are to be preserved. These can have a species specific focus such as for dormice or great crested newts.
Habitat creation and enhancement is an important aspect of BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes Assessments. The creation of new habitats on development sites can win points, and the enhancements can provide further credits. PJC Consultancy can develop plans for green roofs, brown roofs, living walls, ponds, and hedgerows, through to small scale bespoke planting for schools and hospitals, including sensory gardens.
Habitat creation and enhancement is also important in housing developments, Ecological Impact Assessments, and in developing strategies for protected species licensing.