Ecologist / Senior Ecologist / Principle Ecologist
We are currently seeking experienced ecological consultants to join our team based at our Kent office. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of two years experience as an ecological consultant, a forward-thinking attitude and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current wildlife legislation. A suite of protected species licenses and extensive experience of carrying out protected species mitigation works is desirable. The successful candidates will work as part of an ambitious team and manage various projects ranging from small scale developments to large scale infrastructure schemes predominantly based in the south east.
The role will include
- Undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and Extended Phase I Habitat Surveys.
- Carrying out protected species surveys and protected species mitigation schemes.
- Support, training and technical advice to team and seasonal staff.
- Preparation of fee quotes and tenders.
- Liaising directly with clients.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in managing ecological projects.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional consultancy experience.
- A suite of protected species licences is desirable.
- Experience of Ecological Impact Assessments.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCad is desirable.
- Experience in supporting EPS licence applications.
- Relevant degree.
- Membership of CIEEM or other related body.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
If this new role is of interest, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
If you are an ecologist or arboriculturist and are interested in working with PJC and help join and develop the company then please drop us an email.